The sidebar search will locate content that includes all of the terms you enter. The terms may be in any metadata field or in the full text. Additionally, you may use the drop-down menu to specify content from only a single publication, from the repository as a whole, or across all repositories using bepress Digital Commons.
To save the results of a search, or to receive notifications of future content that matches your criteria, click the "Save this search" button. Creating an account is simple and free, and you may unsubscribe from notifications at any time.
The default advanced search is set to "All Fields," which will query all the criteria used in a simple search. You may refine results using the drop-down menus provided, and use the +/- buttons to include additional criteria.
- Date range limits results to content published within the specified period. The format for date range is MM/DD/YYYY - MM/DD/YYYY.
Example: 08/01/2001 - 08/01/2011.
- Sort by automatically displays results in order of relevance (i.e., closest match), but may be changed to publication date if desired.
Special characters can enhance your results. Lowercase your terms in combination with the following:
- Asterisks (*) within or at the end of a term function like multiple wildcards. Example: an All Fields search for l*nn will return results with lynn, linn, and lochlann.
- Questions marks (?) within or at the end of a term function like single wildcards. Example: an All Fields search for l?nn will return results with lynn and linn, not lochlann.
- Quotation marks (") around terms return exact phrase matches. Example: "cooler water" will return different results from "water cooler."
- Tildes (~) at the end of a term return fuzzy matches. Example: colour~ will return results with colour, color, and coli.
Search supports some SOLR syntax as well. Proper capitalization of names is required with the following:
- author_lname: The last name of an author can be specified. Example: an All Fields search for author_lname: Lynn will only return content by authors with the last name of Lynn.
- author_fname: The first name of an author can be specified. Example: an All Fields search for author_fname: Lynn will only return content by authors with the first name of Lynn.
Commas will be ignored in any search. Instead, use the tips above to construct finely tuned queries, and then save your criteria using the "Save this search" feature.