Lesson/Unit Plans and Activities
Approaches that I consider to teaching English 2180: the Function of Stories, include:
1) Legal Argumentation as Story-telling: the role of stories in jurisprudence
2) Philosophical explorations into cognitive and affective benefits from fiction
3) Socio-historical arguments about the rise of the novel
4) Fiction as cautionary tales for maturing adolescents
5) Psychological benefits: storytelling as a source of analogues for subjective experience
Andersen, Jennifer, "English 2180 skeleton syllabus and sample assignment" (2020). Q2S Enhancing Pedagogy. 168.